ACBSP Region 8 Fall Conference Prague
Conference theme: Teaching in a Student-centered World
University of Economics and Management (Prague, Czech Republic) is pleased to host ACBSP Region 8 Fall Conference 2019 (from 14th - 17th of November 2019).
- University of Economics and Management is ACBSP member since 2009 and accredited since 2010
- Lucie Vnoučková, Ph.D., Vice-rector of VŠEM is Chair of ACBSP Region 8 in period of 2019 – 2020
- Regional conferences provide members and participants by insight into excellence in Higher education, mastering accreditation standards and possibility to share knowledge, explore contacts and networking
- We invite authors to respond to Call for Papers and Presentations for our region
- Conference Agenda: Preliminary Program
What to Expect
- Presentations on student-centered teaching-learning
- Accreditation workshops
- Presentations and workshops from business education professionals
- Cesim business simulation challenge for students
- Gala Dinner at the Art-deco restaurant in Prague historic town center
Keynote speakers are leading Czech experts on future Higher Education and trends, technologies and modern teaching-learning techniques.
Mgr. Jaroslav Pašmik, MBA
Leader in sustainable education and Head of the Centre of Sustainability Management, researcher in micro and small businesses. Involved in Sustainability Fashion Day, identifying sustainability indicators, cooperates with Leuphana University in Lüneburg and University of Economics in Prague on the implementation of the Corporate Sustainability barometer for the Czech Republic.
About University of Economics and Management
University of Economics and Management (Vysoká škola ekonomie a managementu VŠEM) offers study programmes since 1996 in a field of human resources, finance, marketing, advertising, economics, law, management, international relations, business and organizational culture, psychology, sociology, public administration etc.
- Study programs in Czech and English language are accredited on national (Ministry of Education Youth and Sports) and international level (ACBSP).
- The main mission and objective of VŠEM is to be an independent higher education institution offering internationally competitive study programmes.
- The educational process at VŠEM involves conveying information on development and current trends in line with the concepts and approach of individual study programmes, with the objective of preparing the graduates to succeed in the increasingly competitive environment of the integrated and globalized world.
Prague is the capital and largest city in the Czech Republic. Prague is known to be one of Europe’s architectural gems, with styles ranging from Gothic through Renaissance and Baroque to Art Nouveau. This fact has made Prague an important UNESCO World Heritage Site which attracts more and more tourists every year.
- The historical centre of Prague consists mainly of Old Town (Staré Město) which is surrounded around the Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí) with the famous Astronomical Clock (Orloj) dating from the 15th century, the Jewish quarter with several synagogues, the Charles Bridge over the river Vltava connecting the Old Town with the Lesser Town (Malá strana), and the Prague Castle dominated by the Cathedral of St Vitus.
- New Town (Nové město) consists of Wenceslas Square (Václavské náměstí) with many shopping options and the National Museum, Charles Square (Karlovo náměstí) which is one of the largest squares in the world, and the National Avenue (Národní třída) with the magnificent National Theatre. Both offered hotels are located in this quarter.