Vocational courses / MOOC
Vocational courses VSEM within a Lifelong learning programme (LLP) include specialized intensive career training programmes in given areas, form of tuition and according to specific and particular needs of individuals and organizations in the private or public sector.
Free learning materials (eTexts VŠEM), tuition (Videolearning VŠEM) and video consultations (VideoForum VŠEM) for registered users.
Characteristic of vocational courses / MOOC
- Opportunity to study free of charge according to one´s own abilities, interests and time availability, when the demand of the study subject is determined by the number of credits, i.e. higher number of credits = higher difficulty of the study subject.
- Vocational courses in online form of tuition, so called MOOC (massive open online courses).
- Vocational courses VSEM are implemented as part of lifelong learning programme (LLP), according to university standards, with the possibility of tax deductibility and the possibility of recognition of credits for subsequent studies (Bc. / Ing. / MBA).
- Free study materials (eTexts VŠEM, tuition (Videolearning VŠEM) and video consultations (VideoForum VŠEM) with the lecturers VŠEM for registered users.
- Graduate of vocational course VSEM will receive a certificate of vocational education VSEM (course completion, graduation and completion of the course by graded output, i.e. Examination) and the appropriate number of credits (completion of vocational course by graded output, i.e. Examination).
- Participant´s received credits from vocational courses are included / recognized in any university studies at VSEM (Bc. / Ing. / MBA).
Prices of vocational courses
The price for a vocational course and online course VSEM is given by the form of study (full-time, part-time, distance - online), by issuing the certificate of completion of the course or by completing a graded output from the course (exam within EZT in the case of recognition of credits under the program Bc / Ing. / MBA).
|Form of course
|Full-time form (Tuition)
|CZK 3.000 a day
|Part-time form (Tuition / Online courses MOOC)
|CZK 3.000 for course
|Distance (Online courses MOOC)
|CZK 3.000 for course
Tuition form (full-time / part-time / distance)
Tuition form of vocational courses VSEM is given by the needs of the participant himself/herself (by the full-time attendance at lectures or a combination of interactive and on-line training applications) as well as by the price of the given vocational course VSEM.
- Full-time form: short-term intensive programmes (1–5 days) in form of tuition in small groups in Czech, eventualy English language (presence at VSEM).
- Part-time form: implementation by combination of interactive applications VSEM (Videolearning VSEM, Videoforum VSEM - videoconsultations, exams and knowledge practising) and tuition at VSEM.
- Distance form (on-line): implementation by only video or interactive applications VSEM (Videolearning VSEM, Videoforum VSEM - videoconsultations, exams and knowledge practising).
Registration to application Videolearning VSEM (MOOC)
- Trial version for MOOC is valid for 10 days, through form acces information of an E-application VSEM.
- Certificate VSEM about graduation from the proffesional courses MOOC is conditioned by registration through Application form to the studies.
- Login name is sent to contact e-mail (acces to the SIS and application of the Videolearning VSEM).
Tuition schedule of vocational course
Order and number of tuition hours of vocational courses VSEM with the possibility to use video and interactive applications VSEM, direct tuition (physical presence at VSEM) and video applications VideoForum VSEM (on - line communication with the lecturer within the listed terms of videoconstultations). The specific number and form of educational workshops (VS) are given by the form of vocational course (Full - P, Combined - K, Distance - D) *.
|Content of tuition
|VIDEO lecture (Videolearning)
|Input and output knowledge
|Tuitional block (Lecture)
|Lecture and practical application
|VIDEO consultation (VideoForum 1x14 days)
|Practice and questions (lecturer - student)
The type and focus of the course (basic / field / specialization)
Vocational courses are carried out in three basic levels (basic, field, specialized), where content is given by the focus of the course.
- The basic vocational course introduces basic aspects of the subjects in relation to the characteristics of their environment, while mastering basic analytical and methodological procedures.
- Field vocational courses allow to gain knowledge and skills for analysis and strategic decision-making of companies and organizations in a globalized environment.
- Specialized vocational courses are aimed at further enhancing of professional qualifications in professional development within the managerial and practical applications - economic education.
Legal Terms of LLP
VSEM provides by § 60 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Education in accredited fields within the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) outside the frame of study programmes, oriented on vocational performance and interests.
- Vocational courses VŠEM are implemented as part of Lifelong learning programe(LLP), according to the university standards, with the possibility of tax deductibility and the possibility of recognition of credits for subsequent studies (Bc. / Ing. / MBA).
- Admission to the LLP is conditioned by a full high school (graduation) or university (bachelor's degree) education, when other conditions are determined by the rector.
- Vocational programmes implemented within the lifelong learning programme are subjected to valid Study and examination rules, when the rector (Rector´s office rules) states the conditions, which alternate tuition form and control over study outcomes.
- Participants in vocational courses are not students in accordance with the Higher Education Act. In LLP it is not possible to take a final, comprehensive and final state examination.
- Credits obtained at VSEM in the vocational programme carried out in the framework of accredited study programmes can be for successful graduates (classified output) recognized in the statutory amount of credits required to complete studies in accredited study programme.