The Student's Council of VŠEM is a self-governing body. The duties and responsibilities of the individual departments and councils are stipulated by the VŠEM Statute. Student's Council members are voted each academic year according to Study council proceedings.
Student's Council duties
VŠEM Student’s Council facilitates communication between VŠEM students and academic departments, administrative departments, and other self-governing academic bodies.
Student’s Council monitors the students' problems and defend their interests, informs them about important changes and deadlines, implement internal evaluation, represents VŠEM, contributes to the continuous improvement of the study and also on the overall college development. Student’s Council also submittes project proposals by VŠEM students (student meetings, social events, sports events, etc.) and then participates in their implementation.
VŠEM Student's Council activities is evaluated at the end of the academic year in terms of activity, the results and added value for VŠEM students. Due to the realized activities VŠEM Rector granted Student's council up to 100% of tuition fees for current academic year.
Student's Council meetings
- Public Meeting - public hearing of official character with predetermined rules. The meeting is convened as needed, at least once every 3 months. For each Student's Council meeting VŠEM students are informed in advance via email.
- Private Meeting - informal nature of the closed meeting. The meeting is organized according to the students needs.
Members of VŠEM Student's Council
Each student of the University of Economics and Management can be elected to the Student's Council. The right to vote has each student of the University of Economics and Management. Student's Council elections are held by direct and secret votion. All other votion procedures and rules are determined by internal regulations and rules of the VŠEM Student's Council.
VŠEM Student's Council
- President of Student's Council represents VŠEM outside the counsel as a whole and represents the university. The main person for communication between students and VŠEM academicians, administrative department and other academic institutions.
- Student's Council Vice president substitutes the President.
- Members are representatives of students/study groups.