Internet applications VSEM
The database ProQuest Central Business
Electronic information resources database ProQuest Central Business are accessible for students outside the building of VSEM (The Library and Study VSEM), through a proxy server, via the Instructions for connecting Proxy Server (PDF format)
Electronic database of the Books (bibliographic, abstract, factual and full-text databases, electronic journals, electronic books, monographs, encyclopedias, dictionaries, manuals/guide), which is accessible outside the buildings VSEM, within the price level Premium.
VideoForum VSEM (on-line consultation) through the Web applications ONIF allows to the students communicate through the on-line Video applications, with the lectors and administration of VSEM.
Technical requirements of the user
- PC: CPU 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, operating system with a Web browser
- SW: the actual Adobe Flash Player
- Web browser: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari (we do not recommend Google Chrome)
- Audio: microphone and speakers, headphones with microphones
Student WebForum (off-line discussion) allows students to interact with teachers and school administration in the time between lectures and exams. Discussion is divided according to the study modules / study subjects / topics (there are a section of the administration of study).
- The administrator of WebForum VSEM has the right to continuous control, locking, or even eliminating unrelated query or inappropriate text in case of online discussion.
- Questions within the administration of study (control of studies, professional work, administration of study, E-applications VSEM).
Access to student emails is possible through the internet interface (webmail) or via commonly used mail application (for example: MS Outlook, Thunderbird) through the POP3 protocol (SMTP).
- Each student is automatically registered for an e-mail address in the form: email@example.com (mailbox size 100MB).
- Student application SIS allows to enter the secondary (spare) electronic addresses for forwarding all messages sent through SIS VŠEM/Editation of student mail*
- Student´s password is the primarily set for access to all applications in SIS VSEM in the form of a native student numbers (in the form XXXXXX / XXXX) that the student can edit / change through SIS VŠEM/Editation of SIS password**
Student login via WebMail
|Adress of applications||https://mail.vsem.cz|
Data settings in mail applications
|Student electronic adress
|Incoming mail server (POP3)||mail.infovsem.cz|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||mail.infovsem.cz|
Student wireless network (WiFi) is available in classrooms VSEM (speed 4 MB/s) with limited capacity for transferred data volume (Windows XP must have installed SP3, in settings must have switched on DHCP server for all operating systems).